Q: How does the Purification Treatment work?
A: The typical Purification Treatment takes approximately 6 hours (times may vary). During the treatment there can be No people or pets in the building. By utilizing our Homeowner Checklist you can prepare your home for the treatment and get the maximum benefit. A Medallion Technician will place UV light ozone generators throughout the home or building space. When activated the generators produce ozone and immediately go to work oxidizing the area, eliminating all harmful irritants, pollutants and foul odors. After the desired time the Medallion Technician, breathing supplied air will ventilate the home or building with powerful fans will ensure that the ozone level is back within normal limits. The half-life of ozone is relatively short and the fans help speed this process up - reverting ozone back to oxygen. The home is now safe to enter and full of fresh, clean healthy air!
Q: Is ozone dangerous?
A: Without utilizing higher than normal levels of ozone it would not be effective as an oxidizing agent. However our tried and true methodology ensures that there is absolutely no risk to you or your family - pets included. While we do employ high levels of clean pure ozone to ensure that we are effective at accomplishing the objective, we also follow strict safety procedures. Post treatment ozone levels are carefully monitored before allowing re-occupancy of the home or site.
Q: What do you treat?
A: We can effectively treat the following; moulds, mycotoxins, mildew and allergens. Foul odors including but not limited to smoke odors, animal odors, cooking odors and VOC’s (chemical odors - paint and carpet off-gassing). Viruses and bacteria including modern day epidemics such as Norwalk virus and Bird Flu even these are no match for ozone’s powerful oxidizing properties.
Q: How long does an Ozone Purification Treatment take?
A: A Purification Treatment typically takes 4-6 hours. Although it is possible that these times may vary we will provide the right option for each individual case in consultation with the client.
Q: Does bleach kill mould?
A: Chlorine bleach does not kill mould, it merely bleaches it - meaning that it takes away the color of the mould. Chlorine Bleach does kill bacteria and viruses, but has not been proven effective in killing moulds. Bleach itself is 99% water which is one of the main contributors to the growth of mould. What potential mould 'killing' power chlorine bleach might have is diminished significantly as the bleach sits in warehouses, on grocery store shelves or inside your home losing 50% of its power in just the first 90 days as the chlorine escapes through the plastic walls of its containers.
Q: What are VOC’s?
A: VOC's are Volatile Organic Compounds. According to the EPA, "VOC's are emitted as gases from certain solids or liquids. VOC's include a variety of chemicals, some of which may have short and long term adverse health effects. Concentrations of many VOC's are consistently higher indoors (up to ten times higher) than outdoors. VOC's are emitted by a wide array of products numbering in the thousands. Examples include; paints and lacquers, paint strippers, cleaning supplies, pesticides, building materials and home furnishings, office equipment such as copiers and printers, correction fluids and carbonless copy paper, graphics and craft materials including glues and adhesives, permanent markers and photographic solutions." These products are found almost anywhere especially in new homes. offices and vehicles and the off-gassing period can take years. It has been proven that exposure to VOC’s can lead to numerous health problems from mild allergenic responses to cancer.
Q: I’ve heard that ozone machines may cause the walls to yellow?
A: Our Proprietary High Powered UV Light Ozone Generators produce only clean pure ozone. Corona discharge generators however may also produce NOX or nitrogen oxides, a group of nitrogen and oxygen chemical compounds, including Nitrous oxide (N2), nitric oxide (NO) and the highly toxic nitrogen dioxide (NO2). These substances are highly toxic and may cause discoloration, damage to property and dangerous health effects.
Q: Will there be a residual odour after the ozone treatment?
A: This may vary. Most clients report a “clean smell” following the treatment process. The smell does dissipate within a couple of days and seems more dependent on how much carpet or upholstery is in the area treated.
Q: What else can you treat?
A: Vehicles, RV’s, boats, gyms, schools, smoke damaged contents, storage centers, offices, restaurants and bars even aircraft. If it is an enclosed area where an odor or fungus can grow then we can treat it!